On 9/9/05, dannym <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi,

sysconfdir is a automake/autoconf variable that is f.e. set
by ./configure --sysconfdir=/etc

Default is /etc for some packages and ${prefix}/etc for others.

datadir, likewise. Default ${prefix}/share

Documentation in Linux often assumes that the programs will be compiled from source. I usually deploy binaries and almost never use automake/autoconf =/

Maybe this is my Windows background, but I find that they should have specified in the documentation what datadir and sysconfdir are. I find it often better to explain things in documentations as if one does not know anything.

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho