On 9/16/05, Mattias Gaertner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 09:03:26 -0400
> Tony Maro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Razvan Adrian Bogdan wrote:
> >
> > >I was wondering what is the best way of doing translations in user
> > >projects, wich units do the loading and how do they work,  noticed
> > >Lazarus has an interesting method for working with .po files directly
> > >but it is licensed GPL wich means it can be used with GPL only
> > >projects, should one write it's own unit that does a similar job or
> > >will it be included in LCL ?
> > >
> > Using PO files is GPL only?  That's news to me... can someone else
> > confirm this?  I thought it was just a method of replacing strings...
>
> He meant the the IDE code to read the .po files.
>
> Feel free to learn from the code. The code is too IDE specific, to put it
> into the LCL, but if you want to use parts of it into your program, I see no
> problem, because we will do the same eventually and then it will be LGPL
> anyway.

I would also be interested in such a tool somewhere in the futur for
potential commercial applications. But LGPL would be a problem, unless
it is released under the same modified clause as the LCL.

(If someone lead the project, I might be able to give some help
coding/testing in my free time.)

--
Alexandre Leclerc