I'm also interrested on this message by Bo Berglund:

Anyone knows a answer?

On 8/31/05, Bo Berglund <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Is it possible to be a subscriber to this list and *not* receive
any email? I would rather read the messages through the GMane
newsgroup mirror, but in order to post I must be a subscriber.
But I don't want to clobber my inbox with these many emails all
the time (especially problematic whenever I am away from home,
since the lazarus emails fill up almost faster than regular spam
mail...

Other lists have options like:
- pause email sending for now
- send a digest email every so often