Georg Vollnhals wrote:
Alex Smirnov schrieb:

*Problem description:*

Same error message with any other project from ...\lazarus\excamples.

Hi,
I am pretty new with Lazarus on Win32 /XP Home SP1 (but a Pascal and Delphi oldtimer) and was really astonished about it's potential and actual power. But the debugging possibilities are very disappointing. After execution stops at a breakpoint and I want either step further on (F7,F8) or goon with program execution I am always getting this debugger error with older Lazarus versions as also with the newest 0.9.10.
Also the docs for the debugger are pretty hidden.
This *not* meant as a complaint as you are doing a really outstanding work, thank you very much for that, but as a user feedback.
Best regards
Georg Vollnhals

It is a known issue that the current snapshot (that is build with the svn head version of fpc) has problems with the debug info.

If you want to have a stable lazarus including debugging, you are better off using lazarus 0.9.10.

Vincent.