Joost van der Sluis wrote:
I call that: bad design.
It's a more advanced feature, so that the programmer keeps control so he
can maintain the integrity of the database. DBase is so old, that it
doesn't care. Mysql can work this way, but you don't need to (same holds
for sqlite, btw) and ADO is so bad designed, you woudn't even know.

ummm ... thanks for the hints.

Luiz Americo wrote:
> Right now i'm seeing it in the object inspector: is the first property.
> Using Lazarus svn + fpc 2.0.0 + WindowsXP

I´d like to note that I cannot see the Active property when using the latest lazarus from subversion in combination with the latest FPC from subversion. The property simply will not appear, as well as some other properties that also don´t appear misteriously on the object inspector, both on Windows and on Linux. Another problem is that on those versions save simply will not work. Even ApplyUpdates does nothing! It really doesn´t save anything.

So I downloaded the stable Lazarus 9.10 for Windows and guess what?? I works perfectly. The Active property appears! And with the exact same source as before now I can save my database modifications with ApplyUpdates.

My current theory blames the beta FPC.

I will create a bug report based on the not-user friendly behavior of not posting new records witch are modified, as explained on previous messages.

thanks a lot,

Felipe