Mattias Gaertner wrote:
On Fri, 02 Dec 2005 09:47:15 +0000
Malcolm Poole <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I am working on a suite of components for an app which will allow the user to design the layout of a multimedia presentation.

The parent component ( or page ) is a TCustomControl descendent, while its children will be TGraphicControl descendents. I chose this route because I could find no way of making TCustomControl descendents transparent so that they left the background intact and did not obscure overlapping components.

Correct. This is not yet supported.

When implementing the Mouse events for the TGraphicControl descendents I came across a problem that I would really like to know the answer to.

When the parent of my GraphicControl is TForm or TPanel the MouseDown event fires as expected - both left and right buttons produce an event. However, when the GraphicControl's parent is a simple TCustomControl only the _right_ button works. This seems to apply with all TGraphicControl descendents, eg TLabel, but TCustomControl descendents work normally, eg TButton. But ... if I add the line p.FCompStyle:= csPanel; to the basic TCustomControl, then it works as expected.

Can anyone say why this default behaviour occurs and whether it is intentional or an undiscovered bug?

undiscovered bug

Fixed.

I think I am working on a similar issue. What did you do to fix it? I couldn't find it in the SVN diffs.

Vincent.