Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
"no project related files" is really a lot

Why ? Lazarus keeps a list of project files in the lpi file.
A modified flag is probably already present.

I don't know, Mattias may answer that ;-).

So it's just a single loop with a check for a boolean ?

Well those files can use units which can include files that have been modified etc.

Of course we can check whether any open editor files have been changed, but that's not what we want, is it?

Micha