Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

>>> Why ? Lazarus keeps a list of project files in the lpi file.
>>> A modified flag is probably already present.
>>

>> I don't know, Mattias may answer that ;-).
>>
>>> So it's just a single loop with a check for a boolean ?
>>

>> Well those files can use units which can include files that have been
>> modified etc.
>

> As long as they're not modified in the IDE, Lazarus should not care.
>

>> Of course we can check whether any open editor files have been
>> changed, but that's not what we want, is it?
>

> No.
> But the codetools can detect normally instantly whether a 'needed'
> unit is
> open in the editor.
>
> I don't want to set up huge mechanisms in Lazarus, not at all.
> But if it can be done without too much effort, why not... ?
>
> Michael.

Yeah.The fastest possible solution : add message box asking if project
should be rebuild before run.
I hate Compilation tab in Project->Compiler options - it is unclear for me.
I'd like to see configurable messagebox asking if it's time to rebuild
project before debugging. (similiar exists for rebuilding IDE)

Regards
Boguslaw Brandys