Vincent Snijders wrote:
I am no Delphi user, but if I understand you correctly, then lazarus has this too, if you enable the option:

Editor Options -> Code tools -> Automatic features -> Tooltip expression evaluation (I hope I translated the captions correctly).

Hi,

It does sound like it will do what I want. How it worked in Delphi: Put a breakpoint somewhere and run the app. Once execution reaches the breakpoint, you can move the mouse cursor over certain funtions or variables and the tooltip appears, showing the expression's value.

Has that been implemented? I searched for "AutoToolTipExprEval" and the only reference to it was in the editoroptions.* files. It doesn't work in 0.9.10 or yesterdays 0.9.11 version under windows 2000.

Is there a IDE help file somewhere explaining the options available? Pressing F1 while in any of the IDE settings screens doesn't show any help.

Regards,
  - Graeme -