On Fri, 27 Jan 2006, A.J. Venter wrote:

Hi all,
I have an interesting dillema, I need to write a platform independant program
which needs to be able to launch other programs. It must NOT wait for them to
exit  but merely launch them, specifically we`re talking about launching
things like a web-browser or pdf viewer.

The choice of the actual commands I will handle, the bigger problem is how to
do it. Obviously the & method only works on unixes (I definitely need win32
support) and as far as I know, tprocess cannnot LAUNCH a program and then
forget about it and pass control back to my own app.

Of course it can. I do it all the time...

Just don't use the poWaitOnExit flag or use the 'WaitOnExit' method.

Michael.