Florian Klaempfl wrote:
Vincent Snijders wrote:

Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

On Wed, 1 Feb 2006, Jouke Rensma wrote:

Hi all, I am working on an enhancement for Lazarus itself, but I got
stuck for the moment. So before continueing I thought maybe I should
first discuss this with other Lazarus people. Maybe i am inventing a
wheel or maybe someone else is working on the same thing... What I am
trying to create is an integration of the Version Info fields for
windows. To be more exact: I am trying to get the same automatic info
as Delphi has. So you just have to check some checkboxes and give
some information about your program and Lazarus will take care of the
rest and add the version info to the program and update the build
number automatically. At this moment you have to arrange this by
hand. As said before I would first like to know:
- am I inventing a wheel?

Inventing, yes. Reinventing: no.

- is somebody else working on this also? If yes, maybe we can
cooperate???
- since this is very windows specific, should I continue anyway or
maybe just forget about it?

No, please continue: The native resources for linux are implemented in
the compiler. In time, Lazarus will hopefully use them, and then this
will be one of the things that can be inserted.

One of the major stumble blocks before Lazarus can use the native
resources, is the lack of support in some executable formats, most
notably for Mac OS X.

I don't know if native resources are supported for 64 bits elf executables.

I fear you've to make this optional.

Then I am not so sure, this is worth the trouble.

Vincent