> The linux/gtk forms have icons.
> What is missing, are icons showing in the file managers. This is normally
> done by copying an image of the executable name to a directory like
> /usr/shar/pixmaps/.
Aye which will usually set the window icon anyway so normally it doesn't
bother people - except my program is meant to run uninstalled from a DVD so
that doesn't entirely work anymore.
But then... if the linux forms have icons... where/how do you set them ? Or is
the ONLY way currently to install an icon to $ICONDIR. I can't find any place
to do so under project options (latest lazarus from svn).

> > The trickiest bit is likely to be reading an X11 Pixmap variable out of a
> > TPixmap.
>
> See thread
> Application Icon under Win32 (modified patchs)
> from 9 Feb 2005
Thanks for that.
A.J.

--