> Macros: To search for '$(ProjectDir)/*.lfm'
> SimpleSyntaxToRegExpr: To use masks like '*.txt'
>
> For example SimpleSyntaxToRegExpr(FilterAsText) converts '*.txt' into the
> regular expression '^.*\.txt$'.
>
> If you don't want to use regular expressions you can use
> FileInFilenameMasks
> See the comment at the function body.

Thanks the function is working now with regex support, including simpleformat
regex´s.

Now I have some new questions though. According to the tutorial on lazarus-ccr
a thread must never update the form, does this also apply to things like
messagedialog and showmessage ?
Because if so, then this function is not currently threadsafe and I need to
hack it a little more (I at least intend to use it in threads).

For the record, the final function is going into olpack, possibly with a
wrapper component later in case anybody else wants it.

A.J.

--
"80% Of a hardware engineer's job is application of the uncertainty principle.
80% of a software engineer's job is pretending this isn't so."