On Wed, 01 Mar 2006 11:35:48 +0100
darekm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Mattias Gaertner wrote:
>
> >On Wed, 01 Mar 2006 08:41:57 +0100
> >darekM <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >

> >>Mattias Gaertner napisa?(a):

> >the >>same on all platforms.
> >>>

> >>Under tSpeedButton is no background (as I know), all is painting
> >>I have similar problem with tPanel and tHeader, but i will investigate
> >>in next time
> >>

> >A button under gtk1 is an area, not just the frame. Some themes define a
> >simple darkened area when presses, some  some define whole images (e.g.
> >round buttons). Maybe gtk2 has more possibilities for TSpeedButton.
> >

> I don't know exactly, but DrawFrameControl can't draw round frame, thats
> not issue,
> we have own paint function with caption and glyph, only frame left from
> widgets

I don't know, what windows can do with DrawFrameControl, but under gtk it
draws an area in a specific style. If this is a button style, and the theme
defines an image, it paints it.

> for tButton all depend from widgets, but for me in tSpeedButton all
> should be independent. (GTK has't two widgets)

Gtk has less widgets, because the idea is combine them. A TGroupbox is a
single widget under windows, while under gtk it needs two. For gtk it is
pretty normal to put a 'listbox' into a menu. That's why you have more
possibilties.
A TSpeedButton that is used a button and that draws some rectangles, when
all other widgets on the application have shaded round widgets looks very
ugly. Especially if you use broken themes, that merely defines images and no
colors.

> it's only my suggestion

What is the trouble with theme painted speedbuttons?

Mattias