Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

On Fri, 28 Apr 2006, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hi, I have a question for the Lazarus/FPC community,
that I got from a another thread in the mailing list
(Lazarus Foundation).

Does someones knows if there's a potential problem with Lazarus
or FPC due to patents ?

Borland, usuallys has an open mind with open source communities.

But, I remember Borland sued M$ for the use of "Delegation"
("Event pointers") as a patent...

As far as I remember, this was for the use of the window handler
to identify an object instance ?

Just remember, I want to avoid a "flame war",
like it happen with my other comment...

No problem. Some remarks:

1. FPC/Lazarus is a european project mostly, and software patents
are not enforced in Europe. They have no clear legal status here.

2. They would be shooting in their own foot, because FPC/GPC are
actually enlarging their user-base instead of making it smaller.
Hi!
Just curious... That is interesting that you think 2.
I would expect it would making their user-base smaller.
What is the logic behind your assertion?

Regards

Márton Papp