Panagiotis Sidiropoulos wrote:
Working on a iBook G4, I got fpc and lazarus on the system through svn. Both are located in a subfolder in my personal folder. Decide to go though this way because prefer updating system (just "svn update").

Running "make install" into fpc folder I get a series of "command not found" messages as follow:
make: -iVSPTPSOTO: Command not found
make: -iSP: Command not found
make: -iTP: Command not found
make: -iSO: Command not found
make: -iTO: Command not found
make -C ide idepkg
make[1]: -iSP: Command not found
make[1]: -iTP: Command not found
make[1]: -iSO: Command not found
make[1]: -iTO: Command not found

Same happen while make-ing Lazarus:
make: -iVSPTPSOTO: Command not found
make: -iSP: Command not found
make: -iTP: Command not found
make: -iSO: Command not found
make: -iTO: Command not found
make -C ide ide
make[1]: -iSP: Command not found
make[1]: -iTP: Command not found

It seems you don't have a compiler on your path. To compile fpc you need a compiler, for example from a binary package. For powerpc download the fpc 2.0.2 macosx installer, for intel download a 2.1.1 snapshot. Note only the compiler (ppcppc or ppc386) is needed.

Vincent.