On 5/12/06, Vincent Snijders <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Why isn't it extensible?

Multiple databases:
See procedure THelpManager.RegisterIDEHelpDatabases

Multiple viewers is also possible:
Extend procedure THelpManager.RegisterDefaultIDEHelpViewers;

But this procedures have no parameters!

It is just my oppinion, but I think that a model with Interfaces to be
implemented is more straigth forward and easier to be understood for
people creating software with Lazarus.

Looking at HelpIntfs the way it is currently, it´s very hard to find
out what should I implement, what class to derive from to build by own
viewer / db? Also a interface has a advantage here that it can be
utilized on a class derived from anything.

thanks,
--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho