George Lober wrote:

Looking at it , it looks like it is all dependent on LHelp, which is GPL. So if I can't compile that into my application or distribute it under my license, you are left with situation where the end user somehow has to get LHelp themselves. Are they supposed to install Lazarus and compile it themselves ?

The unit/package to control lhelp (modified LGPL) does not link to lhelp in any way. It talks to it using the IPC units that come with fpc. basically sending to lhelp text commands. You may distribute the lhelp program with your program but that does not make your program subject to lhelp's license because there is no linking of any sort between them.

BTW, LHelp seems to have a few noticeable bugs reading chm files.

Please send me descriptions of the bugs so they can be fixed. :)

Andrew