On 10/16/06, Marc Weustink <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
No, on windows they work with ansi, on linux it it is just what is
specified a s LANG. No conversion is made.

But if you consider that the IDE won't run correctly on linux with
utf-8, in reality we only support iso encodings today.

Option2 only speaks about the API to be used. IMO all internal LCL
communication should be done the same way. I would prefer utf8 for that.

Internal communication includes writting lfm and lrs files, right?

This will be a huge problem for maintaining projects with Delphi and
Lazarus at the same time.

wince and win32,win64 yes, but not a separate winu.

So there will be no option for the users to use a Ansi IDE on windows
in the future?

This also impact the time needed to implement basic unicode support on
windows a lot.

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho