Arí Ricardo Ody schreef:
I'm developing little application for compress/uncompress data using tarball or Zip with a graphical front end.

When I submit a tarball command with an error via TProcess I am not receiving the same messages that appear in the screen when I type the same tarball command via linux konsole.

I sent an e-mail to this mailing list with the source of the procedure where I'm trying to catch the tarball output via TProcess.Output. No one answer my e-mail. No problems, I'm not complaining.

In my example, the length of messages generated in the konsole is less than 2kb, the length of linux Pipe. I suppose that I'm not losing data by this way.

Does tar redirect to stdout and/or to stderr?

if you use tar on the command line can you redirect the output to file?

tar myoptions and parameter > tar.output.txt

Vincent