On Wed, 2007-01-03 at 21:15 -0500, Lee Jenkins wrote:
> Kevin hayton wrote:
> >
> > I have just installed UIB components and there are components on the
> > palette.
> > Using MEPIS 6.0 and lazarus 0.9.20 beta. Just downloaded the latest UIB
> > extracted to /usr/share/lazarus/components and installed the .lpk in
> > /source.
>
> Man, that is so odd.  I did essentially the same thing except all my
> stuff was installed in /usr/lib/lazarus/coponents.  Same thing with lpk.

Ergo: you've installed lazarus TWICE. You were installing in one of
them, but you started the other one.

(one in /usr/lib/lazarus, and one in /usr/lib/shared)

Next question is: which distro do you use? If it's FC, you probably
installed the rpm provided by fedora, which installs
in /usr/lib/lazarus. But the rpm you can download on the lazarus website
installs to /usr/shared/lazarus....

> And everything looked like it compiled fine too, at least no visible
> errors that I could see.

I still find it stranghe, though, that he can't find the firebird-
client-library. But I think you've installed something else wrongly..

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,

  Joost van der Sluis
  CNOC Informatiesystemen en Netwerken