I agree. I tried to get my dad to install Lazarus  and start to use it (he
is a computer science teacher, so I was hoping to get it to the students as
well), but the main problem was that there was not a good help system.

I do think that the wiki will have to be gone through to make sure
everything is well organised though. It happened a few times that I
accidentally stumbled upon an extremely useful page in the wiki and then
afterwards I couldn't find it again for a long time. :-(

Charl

PS
English is weird...
According to answers.com terrific is defined as:

  1. Very good or fine; splendid: *a terrific tennis player.*
  2. Awesome; astounding: *drove at a terrific rate of speed.*
  3. Causing terror or great fear; terrifying: *a terrific wail.*
  4. Very bad or unpleasant; frightful: *a terrific headache.*

so, can it mean the opposite of itself? ;-)   (I point this out because I
knew def 1,2)

On 2/20/07, Christian Ulrich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Well, buddy, in open source comunnities, if you don't find what
you  want,
> you start to build it by yourself ;-)
>
> And, you may get help from others, later...

Wikihelp is ready and working have you read my mail ?!
We can start now to create an lazarus help in the wiki and generate html
from it with wikihelp.

> It was XML/HTML based system, not any special format like windowze
> "*.hlp" or *nix "man".

I have also written an Help browser for my apps was not too mutch work
TurbopowerIPRO is there :)
It supports also searching and parial matching :) A Fussylogic Search

> Do you need something particular, like an especific tutorial or
help  for
> a particular unit or class ?

You dont understand me, i work with lazarus for 3 years i know what to do
how. But Lazarus helpsystem is terrific.
Delphiusers know the very good Delphi help system and i want to have also
such a nice help in Lazarus this
is why i offer wikihelp to generate html files from the lazarus wiki so we
can edit our help comfortable in the wiki and everyone can work on it. And
have an html copy of it in the lazarus installations so nobody needs
internet acess to just view the help.

best regards
Christian