--- Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
escribió:

> On 4/3/07, Jesus Reyes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > A couple of questions: isn't graphics32 a package that is
> optimized
> > through assembler routines? how portable would it be, in what
> > platforms would it work?.
>
> That's not much relevant. I'll simply convert the asm routines to
> pascal. I'll probably make ifdefs so we still have the optimized
> asm
> code for x86
>
> --
> Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho

But that will not reduce the usability of the library?, I think the
speed is very important in graphics so is the most relevant issue, it
doesn't help too much to have the library compilable for example
under linux, who will use it?

On the other hand if portability is not an issue and simply users
want to be able to run fpc/graphics32 programs under windows (I would
be one of them :P ), then I guess, something must be done in win32
interface only, what needs to be done?, I don't know for sure, but
see for one example the problem of user messages enabled only with a
conditional, I never liked (in fact I implemented the part that
enabled it) but the argument against it is the same: lazarus is about
portability (and in this case I would add usability).

When FPImage was implemented I thought it would be the solution to
write software similar to what graphics32 allows to do, but in a
portable way, I don't know it that reasoning was right though.

Jesus Reyes A.