Yes, that makes sense now. I had looked at one of my .lfm's that had been
auto-converted from Delphi and it didn't have a GridLineWidth property. I see
now that .lfm's saved by Laz do have a 0 value for GridLineWidth.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jesus Reyes [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tue 4/17/2007 4:29 PM
To: lazarus@miraclec.com
Subject: RE: [lazarus] [patch] - grids.pas (GridLineWidth)

--- "Hess, Philip J" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> escribió:

> Wouldn't it make more sense to have the GridLineWidth property
> default to 1 and show 1 in Object Inspector so it's Delphi
> compatible? I.e., GridLineWidth is not saved to form file unless a
> value other than 1 is entered.

Yes, it should work like that. Previously no value was explicitly set
in GridLineWidth so it was 0 in object inspector and that was a bug
(unnoticed because this property was ignored) as result and because
as GridLineWidth was declared as "default 1" the line "GridLineWidth
= 0" was streamed into lfm file in all forms that have stringgrids or
drawgrids, so now even when 1 is used correctly in grid constructor,
the stored 0 overrides this at loading.

for new projects nothing have to be done, for old projects one have
to manually change the value from 0 to 1, if something is not working
please report.

Jesus Reyes A.