Here is my patch for ProjectTemplates component on Lazarus (0.9.22 26/03/2007 SVN rev. 10809) that solves some problems:

a) missing file project.ini in a template folder (lazarus hangs on startup);

b) Random errors after creation of the new project from ptemplate;

c) Now the project is copied, not created, so compiler options al all in the new project;

Not sure if this is the intended behaviour for this component, but for me now if works fine :-)

(maybe a bit update of the README.txt could be necessary, further)

tiziano