On Tue, 22 May 2007 15:57:55 +0100
Sam Liddicott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> * Graeme Geldenhuys wrote, On 22/05/07 10:03:
> > On 5/22/07, Mattias Gaertner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >> Not yet. But this is easy to implement.
> >> The above examples (being/end) are triggered by pressing 'return'.
> >> Of course not all templates should be triggered by pressing
> >> 'return', so every template need an own set of triggers.
> >> What about other triggers? For example space, tab, semicolon, ...
> >
> > 'Space' must definitely be a trigger as well (in the future).
> > Especially if we want to implement 'auto spellcheck' and 'auto
> > fixing of case for variables and identifiers' in the IDE.
> >

> I believe such helpers should not make users dumber; and so suggest
> that they keep a score for how many times they trigger but found
> nothing to change, against how many changes they made when something
> needed changing.
>
> Maybe even play a twinkle sound when a user gets it right after a
> series of wrong.
>
> Thus the users are trained to make the effort as well as helped.
>
> ??

Fixing case of identifiers (excluding uses section) is merely a
beautification. IMO no sound needed here.
Auto replacing ';=' with ':=' is debatable.
But you got a point. For example, some programmers don't
know how to write a normal unit skeleton, because the IDE always
provides it. But I'm not sure, if this is really a bad thing.

Mattias