> > gtk1+TBitBtn+disabled = flicker
> So the short version is - that GTK1 couldn't do what I needed (a
> dynamically updated but often disabled set of buttons with pictures on
> them) without creating a new component.

Maybe you can try TSpeedButton instead of TBitBtn.
That would only work if I painted the Caption myself would it not ? In
which case... it gets even MORE custom painting... not sure it's worth
it.
> For the next OutKafe release (which I will start on after I return
> from this project on Friday) I will port it to GTK2 in it's entirety
> (it can be done now that SetWindowFulScreen works for GTK2) however.
> A.J.

The gtk2 intf is currently under heavy development. This can be good or
bad for your project.
For OutKafe it's probably a good thing, for CAN it's less good as
stability is more important and this is just phase1 of a large
multiphase project that will take many more months if not years to
finish. That is the major reason I ONLY migrated the admin console
despite the fact that the client could work too, it reduces the impact
of unexpected changes in the gtk2 interface. Appart from the dynamic
bitbuttons, it's really a pretty simple interface so it works fine.

Ciao
A.J.
--
A.J. Venter