I used the unit I could find at the time - I have never seen
"postgres3" before. If it won't lock me (too hard) into a certain
postgres version (my original reason for not using mysql is the issues
to get an app to support more than one version of the server), and at
least most of my current code won't need to change, I would myself
prefer something that uses external over something that uses linklib.
At least it sounds like we're moving in the right direction (I also
googled... wonder what you thought of to look for differently).

Good to know the mac postgres seems to still be active.

A.J.