On Fri, 22 Jun 2007 08:53:10 +0200
Tiziano_mk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> > On 21/06/07, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >>

> > // specified the -FU switch in Other tab only.
> >
> > -S2cgi -OG1 -gl -WG -vewnhi -l
> >  -Fu/opt/lazarus/lcl/units/i386-linux/
> >  -Fu/opt/lazarus/lcl/units/i386-linux/gtk/
> >  -Fu/opt/lazarus/packager/units/i386-linux/
> >  -Fu.
> >  -FUddd
> >  -dLCL
> >  -dLCLgtk
> >

> > So the exact *bug* is now highlighted. Lazarus is specifying the
> > ouput exe path with the -o switch when we didn't ask it to. The
> > Project Options -> Target executable was left blank and only the
> > Unit output directory was specified, yet Lazarus decided to specify
> > the target executable anyways.
> > The -o switch should only be set if the Project Options -> Target
> > executable is specified.
> >

> I agree with you, there is a bug. Even if there are tricks to go
> around it, it is still a bug. I think this is what you mean.
>
> So the matter is to ask to the developers if it could be fixed, right?

Historical reason:
Once upon a time FPC had the -FU = -FE bug.
When this had been fixed it was discussed, how lazarus should
handle the 'unit output directory'. The decision was: unit +
executable, which is backwards compatible and supports cross
compilation. The user could use the project options to set the
executable.
Of course, Graeme is right: The label text is not sufficient.
Mentioning the -FU is correct.
But it should also be mentioned, that this option effects the default
location of the project executable.
About platforms:
- windows: projectname.exe, OS-location: various/never mind
- linux+bsd: projectname, OS-location: various/never mind
- MacOSX: projectname: OS-location: app bundle

So, how should it be fixed? Label or path?

Mattias