Micha Nelissen wrote:

I usually want the latest bug fixes etc, so compile from source. But
another possibility is to download the lazarus debs from debian, and
install them. There are little dependencies so I guess newer versions
will also work.

On the other hand since the x86 machine I'm planning to use is running Sarge (and will stay that way until Qemu runs reliably on Etch) I might be best off on both x86 and SPARC starting off with binaries of the compiler from freepascal.org and then compiling Lazarus as appropriate.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk