Hi
It means some units uses multithreading code. It does no matter if they
can not logically be called, because the compiler can not know this.
When you use threads, some RTL things must be initialized for that. One
of those things is using the cthreads unit under unix like systems.
You have two ways to fix this:
I think I figured out since then what the change was that affected the IDE. In the past the instantiation of the TThread descended class was in a private variable. In order to move the creation of the thread to the much earlier executed database code, I had to make it a global variable.
a) Don't compile the multithreaded units into any package that is
installed in the IDE. b) Add -dUseCThreads to the usage options of the package (custom
options). Then the IDE will use the cthreads unit automatically.
Okay, I tried this and it DID work (under linux anyway). Question though: will adding -dUseCthreads to the package NOT break win32 compilation ? The package is definitely used multiplatform. Asuming that the compiler will just ignore this option on win32, this is the answer I needed.

A.J.

begin:vcard
fn:AJ Venter
n:Venter;AJ
org:Global Pact Trading Pty. Ltd.;OutKast Solutions
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:Director of Product Development
tel;work:+27 21 554 5059
tel;fax:+27 21 413 2800