The single worst thing about the many windows IDE is this:
I am coding, I need to look something up, I'm on my laptop so there
isn't another screen, I open a browser. I want to go back to my code
when I'm done - I have to click 8 or 10 things in the taskbar to get
all the windows to the front.
Usually you can get away with just minimizing the other program - but
when there are 3 or 4...
It is SO bad that I have gotten in the habit of using a dedicated
virtual desktop just for Lazarus. I would definitely be in favor of a
single window design.

A.J.

On 9/11/07, Den Jean <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Tuesday 11 September 2007 07:47:03 Víctor R. Ruiz wrote:
> > on my development environments, with little desktop space, working
> > with many windows is not a happy experience. I also read some threads
>
> I also prefer everything docked in one window (in Kylix), even on a 24".
> This way nothing get partially covered and I can easily re-divide the space
> between Object Inspector and Editor (if still necessary on 1920x1200).
>
> when working on forms, I use kde/kwin to let the form stay on
> top of the editor till I am done with the form.
>
> would be nice to see this in lazarus

A.J. Venter
Director of Product Development
Tel.: +27 21 554 5059
Fax: +27 21 413 2800
Outkast Solutions IT
www.outkastsolutions.co.za
A division of Global Pact Trading Pty Ltd.

www.silentcoder.co.za - Blog
scartoonz.silentcoder.co.za - ScarToonz webcomic