Does nobody others have opinion on this subject?

With all the new images I missed these. It indeed looks like variations of an inbox, I don't see a relation to a project. Otoh, a project is a bunch of files which can be filed an such box. Anyway, looking at other places in Lazarus, there is the project source icon and there is pkg_project.xpm I think the red/yellow/blue figure are used on more places to indicate something of a project.
My opinion is to think of what a project is - and then think of how to represent it. Basically a project is a number of related files that form parts of the same bigger concept. One way to represent it would be a file-folder, only this idea has been used before for directories (a similar concept in fact). Another would be a file-cabinet -but that is typically associated with archives so rule that out. A clipboard can hold related files together - but it will be mistaken for the copy/paste clipboard.

An inbox/paper-tray does represent it, but is more commonly associated with e-mail.

So it looks like all the obvious choices are already taken. In that case, let's look at it from a different angle.

A project is what all the files are meant to produce, but the files are not the project. The project is an end in itself and it's purpose is to produce the executable results. So an executable icon could work - but it doesn't quite fit - the project PRODUCES an executable (or becomes one) but it ISN'T one itself. What is that something that it is. If we think abstractly enough to describe the concept of a project - then it is a series of related tasks that produce a result. Well for THAT idea we do have a commonly recognized symbol - the checkbox tree.

Something like this

|__[]

|__[]

|__[]

Now shrink that into a good size, scale it a bit and turn it into pixels instead of ascii and I think you got the right kind of concept conveyed (with a bit or work anyway)) :p

Any thougths ?
--
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Clarke's law "Any technology that is distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced" -Gehm's corollary "Any technologist that is distinguishable from a magician is insufficiently advanced" - My corollary
The worlds worst webcoming: http://silentcoder.co.za/scartoonz

begin:vcard
fn:AJ Venter
n:Venter;AJ
org:Global Pact Trading Pty. Ltd.;OutKast Solutions
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:Director of Product Development
tel;work:+27 21 554 5059
tel;fax:+27 21 413 2800