Mark Morgan Lloyd schreef:
I've spent some time tearing what little remains of my hair out over this one :-)

I've got 0.9.22 on several machines- Win-32 (NT4), Linux-x86 (Debian  >
Etch) and Linux-SPARC. I'd be nearer the bleeding edge if I had more time and if I wasn't already chasing some elusive SPARC bugs. Underlying compiler is 2.2.0 in all cases.

If I do a complete rebuild from inside the IDE everything works OK on Win-32 and Linux-x86. If on the other hand I do a "make clean" followed by "make all" or "make bigide" from the command line I get an IDE that appears to work and generates good programs but if I try to edit a menu (main or pulldown) item list I get an error dialogue:

    "0" is not a valid component name

Once the system is in that state rebuilding inside the IDE no longer fixes it- it's a start-over job.

I think you should try newer source. The menu editor is an area where fixes have been made since 0.9.22.

Vincent