Valdas Jankūnas schreef:
I realize if i want unicode support i must use units "Laz_DOM", "Laz_XMLRead", "Laz_XMLWrite" instead of FP "DOM", "XMLRead", XMLWrite".

Which is contrary to what I would expect (although I think it may be true). The FP units use widestring internally, the Lazarus units ansistring, which may hold UTF-8 encoded strings.

Did you use UTF8Decode / UTF8Encode when you passed your UTF8 encoded strings to the widestring properties of the FP units?

Vincent

P.S. please remove the reply to header.