Leonardo M. Ramé wrote:
Mark, are you maintaining a Solaris Sparc version?, I'm looking for a Solaris 10 x86 version of FPC to test.

I'm not maintaining anything at the moment, certainly in terms of being an officially-designated maintainer.

I'm trying to build up experience with Lazarus on Linux-SPARC. As I said, I've got problems getting Solaris to install on the new SPARC machine and to be quite frank I'm not going to spend much more time trying to get round them. I've never considered playing with Solaris on x86, I've got quite enough problems as it is.

Having said that, my understanding is that the core FPC developer doing SPARC work uses Solaris rather than Linux, so that might indicate that the APIs are kept up to date. I've just about had FPC (at something like 2.0.0) running on Solaris-SPARC but have not had any success using it to compile a newer version, so I suspect that to get anything that you can't find on FTP you're going to have to work out how to cross-compile.

I'm sure that if you were able to make initial progress getting something running we'd all do our best to help. My own opinion is that the more platforms a piece of software is tested on the more robust it is which is to everybody's benefit.

If you look at (for example) http://www.nabble.com/Has-anyone-ported-fpc-pascal-to-Solaris---t4572940.html you will see a fairly extensive summary describing what I'd managed to get working as of 23rd August. However I'd add that the 2.2.0 compiler is much improved, and would suggest that rather than trying to compile Lazarus with available older Solaris binaries it would probably be worth focussing on getting a 2.2.0 compiler built- and tested- for Solaris on both SPARC and x86.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk