Michael A. Hess schreef:
On Tue, 20 Nov 2007, Alexsander Rosa wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slashdot_effect

http://slashdot.org

2007/11/20, "Leonardo M. Ram�" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
What means Slash dot effect?

In case no one noticed some of the major sites such as LinuxToday posted a
link to the following site:

http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/entdev/article.php/3711476

It talks about "49 Open Source Projects in the Spotlight"

In the Develoment Tools section 'Lazarus' is the first one listed.

It took several days but it appears the link finally caused some problems.
The link itself went to SourceForge but people eventually ended up coming
to the web site.

Strange. I did not expect such a strong effect. If you look at http://sourceforge.net/project/stats/detail.php?group_id=89339&ugn=lazarus&mode=week&type=sfweb then I inteprete the green line as hits to www.lazarus.freepascal.org and the blue line as hist to the lazarus related pages on sourceforge.net. The blue line doesn't seem to be significantly higher than the last couple of days.

Vincent