I resumed after some time our core application which I'm trying to migrate to Lazarus, and to my dismay I discovered that align doesn't work anymore as it should and used to. I have a panel with a number of widget. Two are top aligned, the others are bottom aligned. But setting alTop to one of them, instead of being stacked below the two already there, it goes on top of them. I tried to trace back in revision, and I found that the last that works properly is r 12699.

The offending code is in wincontrol.inc, procedure TWinControl.CreateControlList where the implementation of r 12699 provides the correct alignement, while the implementation of r 12700 does not.

Just replacing the expressions in "case AAlign" with the previous ones the behavior becomes correct again.

I don't submit a patch, because I'm unsure of other implications.

Regards,

Giuliano

--
Giuliano Colla

Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong (O. Wilde)