Al Boldi schreef:
Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
On Sat, 15 Dec 2007, Al Boldi wrote:
melchiorre caruso wrote:
I found an article that explains why my code does not work on Windows:
Actually, I had a closer look at synchronize, and it turns out to be
dependent on the GUI, which probably means that you need to include
'Interfaces' in your library uses clause.  Can you try this on windows?
No.
Synchronize does not depend on the GUI, it does depend on the main
thread calling CheckSynchronize from time to time.

The problem is that synchronize depends on calling WakeMainThread, but that only gets set when you include the Interfaces unit.

WakeMainThread is just one way to make sure that the calling thread calls CheckSynchronize from time to time. Synchronize does not depend on how the main thread call CheckSynchronize, just that it is accomplished.

melchiorre caruso wrote:
libthread.dpr(4,3) Fatal: Can't find unit Interfaces used by libthread

I add manually  $(LazarusDir)\lcl\interfaces\$(TargetOS) to the paths but
an other error occours:

Fatal: Can't find unit InterfaceBase used by Interfaces

"The dog bites the tail"

I use WinXp Sp2
Lazarus svn
Fcp 2.2.0

Try adding the LCL to your project.

But, you could instead just try setting WakeMainThread in your lib yourself, and let the handler post a message to the mainthread. That's what the Interfaces unit does. Can you try this?

Vincent