On Dec 20, 2007, at 2:16 PM, Lukas Gradl wrote:

I agree - I think for further promoting Lazarus as a "grown up" develpment package a reporting toolset is absolutly necessary.

Did'nt use VTV so far - but it looks like a good component to get a mighty UI for an application - so it should be in the "out-of-the- box" set as well.

I agree too but afaik it is not really tested under OS X. Additionally, as it was pointed out, that means there is a Lazarus Dev in the laz team to maintain it.

For Zeos and Indy I disagree - there are working DB-Components in the standard-set and socket programming is nothing for a beginner.

I don't think beginners are the point, "Really usefull and (always) used" should be considered instead. There are already laz/fpc components to manage DB and they seem to be good enough. About IndY, honestly I would prefer lnet or Synapse for my part. And as not anyone would agree with that, it cannot be directly included : the choice can only be made by the developer. And there are already usefull classes wihtin fpc. Most of app don't use IMAP connections for example.

In fact it is not obvious :)

regards
Lukas

Bee schrieb:
Hi all,
I propose to Lazarus developers to include LazReport and VirtualTreeView as included default components in "make bigide". Both are very useful components to users.
TIA.
-Bee-
has Bee.ography at:
http://beeography.wordpress.com

----------------------------
software security networks
Lukas Gradl <lazarus#ssn.at>
Eduard-Bodem-Gasse 9
A - 6020 Innsbruck
Tel: +43-720-300168-0
Fax: +43-512-341033-19

Damien Gerard
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

People who used magic without knowing what they were doing usually came to a sticky end. All over the entire room, sometimes.
    -- (Terry Pratchett, Moving Pictures)