On Jan 28, 2008, at 10:31 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hi,

I'm working on Hamradio station logging program in Lazarus
(http://cqrlog.sourceforge.net/). I started a few months (maybe a year)
ago in Lazarus 0.9.23 CVS (I don't remember date, I'm on another
computer). Why this CVS version? Because almost what I need works very
well. My program use Firebird database (I installed uib components) and
use telnet connection (Indy 10.2.0.1).
In this cvs version I developed entire program.
After release version 0.9.24 I decided to use it instead of 0.9.23 CVS. The fist problem was in TLazImage. It was completely rewriten. I have to
made some changes in my program. Next problem was with
TColorCombobox.Selection. Newer version has Selected. But it was simply.

The biggist problem is that program freeze if telnet is connected. Program works perfectly about two hours and freeze. Nothing in console, no access
violation. Just freeze. Program compiled in 0.9.23 CVS works perfectly
many hours and never freeze.

I tried latest daily snapshot and program show access violation randomly.
Nothing in console, no details in access violation window.

My question is, how to develop real application? Should I still develop program with old lazarus version and ignore newer versions? What can I do for better compatability with newer versions? I can not rewrite my program
after every new lazarus release. How do you develop your applications?

Personaly, I use SVN/Snapshots for my final app, but I choose the version with care.
I follow the svn logs to know if it is suitable to me.
But obviously the last stable version of lazarus would be better.

About your access violation, GDB is your friend, to help you to know where your app crashes. I don't think you have to rewrite your app after new release but some changes may append or revel own programming errors (this append to me 3 months ago). So there may have minor changes

--
Damien Gerard
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Le temps n'a pas d'importance. Seul le code est important
   -- (f00ty)