On 31/01/2008, Ales Katona <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > If you mean that the package sources are installed read only: yes
> >
> I mean that you install lazarus from a .deb into eg: /usr/lib/lazarus
> and that people can still install 3rd party components into this lazarus
> in some way (I realize that packaged components would conflict tho,
> because of the "one binary" problem, but that's a bit different beast)

Yes, it's possible to have Lazarus somewhere and add-on packages (or
components) somewhere else.  I used to have Lazarus source in
/opt/lazarus (readonly) and some add-on packages in
/home/me/progra..../mycoolpackage/ and it worked fine. When you
installed and compiled Lazarus it installs (I think) default to
~/.lazarus/ directory. You can specify any output directory in the
Build screen as well.

Regards,
  - Graeme -