Ok, got it. Problem is the usage of _cmsSaveProfileToMem, which
I assumed would be the last operation just before closing the profile.
I really never intended to reuse a profile after it has been saved, so,
since this function was doing side effects, I used a "_" as a mark of
"internal function".

There are other combinations that doesn't work too. For example,
if you open a disk profile h = cmsOpenProfileFromFile(... etc.) you
cannot save this profile by using _cmsSaveProfile(). It doesn't work
because once you read the profile, some decoding is done in a lousy
way. For example, a profile can store a curve as a single gamma
exponent, say 2.2. Once cmsOpenProfileFromFile() opens it, this
parametric curve is translated to a table, and the information about
the original encoding is lost. The difference between a 2.2 number
and the expanded table may be about 30K, enough to make
embedded profile not suitable at all.  v4 profiles makes this problem
even worst.

Of course this may be regarded as a bug... So, I will try to either
document this behavior,  fix it in a way you could reuse the
profile or at least issue a clear error message. There is a lot of room
for improvement in that direction. I guess you want this for embedded
profiles right? But then be careful because any disk based profile
opened by cmsOpenProfileFromFile() will NOT work with
_cmsSaveProfile()/_cmsSaveProfileToMem() Sorry,
but current version does allow to read or to create profiles but not
both at same time.

Regards,
Marti Maria
The little cms project