On Wednesday 11 January 2006 05:05 pm, Bob Friesenhahn wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Jan 2006, Hal V. Engel wrote:
> > Yes I agree.   I think what I need to do is to read the raw image data
> > into a buffer and then use the offset information from the picker
> > template to get the pixel data for each patch in the target from the raw
> > data.  Then QT becomes strictly for the UI and does not affect the
> > profiling data in any way.   Perhaps I need to have a look at ImageMagick
> > to see how you are handling this.
>
> ImageMagick won't win any design awards for this area.  ImageMagick
> dates from way back in 1992 when many displays displayed only
> black/white, 256 gray shades, or 256 colors.  So it was natural to
> decouple the displayed image from the working image.  There is some
> performance hit, but not as much as one would expect.

I need to do some design work and also figure out what libraries will best
serve my needs.  One thing I would like to find is a library that supports
a buffer and that has functions for getting the rgb values for each pixel in
the buffer as well as functions that will tell me things like the color depth
and size of the image.  It would also be great if this library was commonly
available, widely used and it must be cross platform capable (Unix, BSD,
Linux, Windows and Mac).  I would also like it to be light weight.  Anyone
have any ideas about possible candidates that I can look into?