g'day Marti,

thanks for your help on ColorSpaces - that bit is now cooking on gas.
Can now convert from RGB to CMYK without getting nasty crashes due to
using an inappropriate profile.

Next step is implementing some Ink Limiting. I've seen
cmsCreateInkLimitingDeviceLink in the lcmsAPI, and I think that what I
need. However, I am unsure how to use it, especially in combination with
the existing RGB to CMYK conversion. My current code is:

    hSrc := lcmsdll.cmsOpenProfileFromFile(PChar(SourceFile), 'r');
    hDest := lcmsdll.cmsOpenProfileFromFile(PChar(DestFile), 'r');
    xform := lcmsdll.cmsCreateTransform(hSrc, TYPE_BGR_8, hDest,
TYPE_CMYK_8, Intent, dwFlags);

    for i := 0 to SourceBitmap.Height - 1 do
    begin
      ALine := SourceBitmap.Scanline[i];
      lcmsdll.cmsDoTransform(xform, ALine, CMYKLine, SourceBitmap.Width);
.... {save the CYMKLine to appropriate bitmap planes}
    end;

{cleanup:}
    lcmsdll.cmsDeleteTransform(xform);
    lcmsdll.cmsCloseProfile(hSrc);
    lcmsdll.cmsCloseProfile(hDest);

Can you or someone please indicate where / how I should add the
cmsCreateInkLimitingDeviceLink function ?

Thank in advance,

Mat

rm -rf /mnt/windows/*

Dr Mat Ballard,