Subject: RE: [Lprof-devel] lprof/src/lprofqt lprofmain.cpp,1.50,1.51
Date: Monday 06 March 2006 08:06 pm
From: "Joe Pizzi" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "'Hal Engel'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

I got the Windows version running again (thanks, Gerhard; your fixes worked)
on MSVC. I got to debugging it. When we are in LoadConfig, in
ICCProfileSelector::FillValues, we are apparently reading the ICC profiles
installed on the machine. Inside of this, there is a place in
ReadEmbeddedTextTag where, when the BaseType is icSigTextDescriptionType,
that we read AsciiCount, then AdjustEndianess32. The value before the adjust
endianness is 18, after it is 301989888. I believe that we are byte-swapping
when we shouldn't be. I don't know the ICC specification, however. Is it the
case that the file is defined to have BigEndian data in it, and the ICC
profile that I have from the hardware vendor is not compliant, or are we
adjusting endianness when we shouldn't be?

Anybody know?

Joe Pizzi