I have a problem with the concept of L* (You know, that of Lab)

I expect do not find L* lowers than 9 or greater than 96 in an "ideal scene"

(Ideal scene: scene with all lambertian reflectors, without fluorescense
and with a uniform illumination)

But my photoshop show me values so low as L 1 and so high as 99
¿Does photoshop make a particular interpretation of what L^* means or I am
wong with the concept?

2nd part of the question. In a print ¿What do you expect to find as L? ¿Are
L 100 the white of the paper or the white of the lambertian 100% reflection
reference? Because this cpould explain why Photoshop read L 99 and 1...

Paco Rosso

Luz-Color-Fotografía
http://pacorosso.blogspot.com