Of course, I don't see any reason to do color transformation inside
PTmender.

On the other hand, I have a question (I am also a newbie in terms of
colour management).

We have a program called PTblender. It takes 2 o more images and
adjusts their color and brightness to match the first image.  In
essence what we do is to match the histogram of one image to the
others.

My question is, should I be aware of the embedded colour profile when
I do these transformations, or should I continue to ignore them?  We
do keep the profile in the output files.

In other words, when I manipulate the colours of an image, should I be
aware of the color profile of the source image?

Thanks for any help,

daniel

 Kai-Uwe> Daniel,
 Kai-Uwe> to keep the embedded profile through the line is possibly enough for
your
 Kai-Uwe> kind of library and a very valuable feature of panotools.

 Kai-Uwe> The frontend application should be responsible to convert to a
suitable
 Kai-Uwe> editing / working colour space if desired by the user. A further
colour
 Kai-Uwe> conversion by panotools might be overkill and or not appreciated.
This is
 Kai-Uwe> refered to panotools as middleware, unlike as for instance hugin or
ptgui
 Kai-Uwe> which should handle more things in order to do a propper colour
management.

 Kai-Uwe> regards
 Kai-Uwe> Kai-Uwe Behrmann
                                + development for color management
                                + imaging / panoramas
                                + email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                + http://www.behrmann.name

--
Daniel M. German                  "None but those who have experienced
   Mary Shelley (Frankenstein) ->  them can conceive of the enticements of