Quoting Elle Stone <ellest...@ninedegreesbelow.com>:

> On 02/16/2014 07:07 PM, Graeme Gill wrote:
>> Elle Stone wrote:
>>> How should the following two quotes from the V2 version of the ICC
>>> specifications that is linked to on the color.org specifications page
>>> (http://color.org/icc_specs2.xalter) be interpreted?
>>
>> Hi,
>>      this is an old chestnut. I'm not sure how many more
>> times I'm prepared to repeat all the ins and outs.

Along with Graeme we have tried to bring the attention of ICC to this
subject, but either the people that designed this are no longer in the
ICC or the implications of changing this are too scary. I remember at
least one meeting with Graeme explaining the issue to the ICC. Time
ago I wrote a program to check which is the color in sRGB that makes
Wrong von kries to diverge the more.

https://groups.google.com/forum/message/raw?msg=sci.engr.color/tBrXerNhhwo/oR4PHAFXnOMJ

The color is Lab (36, 51, -102), the difference is about 12 dE (!!!)
and this is actually my favorite color :-)

Maybe with ICCLabs, which someday will be the future V5, we could
address this problem.

Regards
Marti