Alright, this is now in the list of "desired features" for next
releases. 2.7 release candidate will be out in days, so this would
eventually make its way on 2.8 or maybe will take a little bit more.
The difficulty is in keeping backwards compatibility, actually lcms
skips over alpha channel, this is documented and somebody may use this
behavior.

Workarounds are to use same buffer for input and output or to copy
full buffer prior color manage it.

Regards
Marti Maria
The LittleCMS project